Dec 26, 2007

Menu of the day: lift yourself up





Christmas Eve: Our guests were moved with all the cooking that I did. To me it is always a pleasure to see my family and or guests you know eat and eat. It makes me feel sooo happy to see happy faces after all the food. I grew up in the slopes of Mt. Kenya and the way food was presented was really not a great affair. After a hard day working the land, picking coffee in the rain carrying 40 kilos of potatoes to sell in the nearest market, food was something to keep you going.

7 years ago I moved to Italy after I got married and everything changed. Now, food to me is something I love to dedicate time to. Then, with mothers of my husbands friends I quickly learn't the basics of pasta making, baking italian simple cakes which after working on can be made into italian pieces of art.

I wanted to make my Christmas Eve a special one. So I cooked and at the end around 1 in the night I could see the faces of my guests. What a wonderful evening we put together.

I missed Christmas eve at the slopes.

I just wanted to share with you some of the food that we had, maybe you could try that for new year.
For tiramisu recipe find it here
simple cake find it here

1 comment:

Luciano Bove said...

Grazie Mary, Auguri di Buon Anno anche a te e famiglia!