Dec 5, 2007

Easy simple and quickbBeef stew with rice: Egyptian recipe



Sometime back I talked about my love for cook books, my last trip which took us to Cairo saw an additional book to my collection. I had promised to try the recipes and post them here.
So today we are moving away a little from Italian recipe to this delicious recipe from the land of the Pyramids. It was so so good I kept eating and eating you can tell by the look of the picture that it is very very inviting.

Come with me let's go shop for today's recipe

shopping list
500g lean beaf
3 cups vegetable broth
Cumin
2 tablespoon of tomato concentrate
Rice
Olive Oil
Fresh Parsley

Now, its time to get to work. Cut meat into small cubes brown in the pan in olive oil then add the chopped garlic, salt and 1 tablespoon of cumin. When the meat is golden add 2 cups of vegetable broth and tomato. Cover and lower the heat. Cook slowly until the meat is tender. I cooked for over 1 hour.

Serve this delicious stew with steamed or boiled rice. Decorate with parsley.

I give this recipe 5 stars as it is simple but very very delicious.

Winter Sales!

No comments: