Jan 4, 2018

Simple food Ideas - Skane - Sweden

Cooking in Lund Sweden

A few months ago I moved to Skåne area of Sweden. As I get settled and learn the new language, let's get busy in the kitchen. I love to cook especially Italian food. Please join me and explore the love for simple way of cooking, eating healthy and great on a recession budget here in Sweden.

I love potatos, when I was growing up in Kenya, area around Mt. Kenya , we had potato every day, its not a joke. Whether marshed, boiled, fried with beans, there was always space for potatoes. And potatoes there are  yummy. So, I still have the habit, potatoes and more potatoes - I just cannot bring myself to say no to potatoes.

So whats cooking today? As you can see from the plate it is as simple and yummy as it looks.
Marshed potatoes served with rucola and fresh tomatoes. On the side you have chicken breast roasted on the pan with only garlic, rosemary and sage.
If you have some basil, you know how lovely that goes with a tomato and a crushed garlic a bit of olive oil for rucola and tomato - you are on your way to impressing your guests.

Ps. Here in Sweden you can just pick instant potato puree it's great.

Swedish 101

Potatos - Potatis
Tomato - Tomat
Garlic - Vitlök

Happy New Year - Gott nytt år


Enjoy! 2018 the year of great cooking on a budget.



No comments: