Jan 3, 2008

Kenya


You may wonder why I'm posting this here. The breaking news in the world now is the Kenyan situation. Yes, I was born and brought up in Kenya, at the slopes of Mt. Kenya. While I was at the University we did riot several times, threw stones but we knew that the result was university closure and going home for some months.
Now, this is different, nobody knows what tomorrow will bring. I'm glued to my computer I have 4 windows permanently open that is Nation (Kenyan newspaper), BBC, CNN and ANSA. If I'm not infront of my computer then I'm infront of my TV and or SMSing my family in Kenya and friends.

I'm going to bed but I'm not sure what will tomorrow bring.

Readers, I will be back to cook again when all this is calm and a way out of this crisis has been found.

Mary

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My prayers and kindest wishes to you and your family. I have been following the Kenya news and hope that a resolution will be found before more people are killed.

Alan

Laura Brittain said...

My prayers are with you, your family and Kenya as well. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Ciao, passavo di qua e ho letto che sei preoccupata per i fatti in Kenya. Caspita, proprio ora che potevo cominciare a programmare un viaggio in uno di quei paesi africani che ho sempre voluto visitare...

Ho sentito ieri che forse si apre qualche speranza di dialogo, io spero tanto che tutto torni alla calma, anche perché così avrò il tempo materiale per capire cos'è successo :) Tanti auguri (anche per il nuovo anno)

Mary said...

Hi Alan, Laura and Andrea,
thanks for the very nice messages you have left me.

kopidunia said...

Oh, I didn't know that about you. Ya, the situation Kenny is definitely not something I would want to have on my mind right now...you have my deepest thoughts and sympathies and prayers. Take care.

Anonymous said...

well I just saw a kenya documentaries on tv. Kenya is such a wonderful place especially the safari :) . take good care :)

Shelia said...

God's blessings to you and your family Mary. I pray that they are fine.

Is that your precious baby beside you preventing you from being to sad? Too cute.

~~Shelia

Mary said...

Hi Kopidunia, Ryan and Shelia,
thanks really a lot for the wonderful messages you have left me.
The situation seems better I hope now they can come to a deal as it is the poor who are suffering.