Jul 19, 2009

Show us your Balcony: Send in your pictures.

rosemary plant

My rosemary plant: I use rosemary for chicken, grilled oven potato, make herbal salt that I conserve to use with various dishes of meat

basil plant

This picture contains basil which mostly I use for pizza margherita, or tomato sauce with basil for pasta plus you have no idea how many times I have come home not sure what to cook and get leaves from these plants and make some deliciously home made pesto. Also in the same pot I have some Arugula that for sure on salads is a touch of made in heaven and also lime and lemon plant mostly I use the leaves in cooking Thai curries.


Show your green balcony competition

Send in pictures and encourage other families to put some green on the balcony however small it might be.

3 comments:

Mary said...

First message:
I received this message regarding this post and wanted to share it here with you.

Hi there :) you are starting a great project by encouraging others to grow herbs and greens in their backyard, even if its just in the balcony! awesome ! kudos- i'll try to plant some too :)

dano said...

Good job. I really should do the same soon.

Kip @ the Porky Gourmand said...

Love your herb garden, cost effective & fresh. Just saw from your other posts you are in BKK, that is my favourite food city.