Cooking in recession.
Many people out there including me are looking for ways to bring cheap food on the table. I cultivate herbs and some vegetables on my small balcony. When I was in Italy I had vertical garden on my small balcony as well.
All the same there is a way you can save on food, cook it fresh from your lovely kitchen and enjoy with family. From the web I found these recipes try them
"Campbell's Dinners Under $10
See some recipes from Campbell's that can be prepared for less than $10.
Pace Texas 2-Step Chicken
Prep : 5 min.Bake: 20 min. Makes: 4 servings
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 1/2 cups Pace Picante Sauce or Thick & Chunky Salsa
3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
3 cups hot cooked regular long-grain white rice
1. Place the chicken into a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Stir the picante sauce, brown sugar and mustard in a small bowl. Pour the picante sauce mixture over the chicken.
2. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with the rice.
French Onion Burgers
Prep: 5 min. Cook: 20 min.Makes: 4 servings
1 lb. ground beef
1 can (10 1/2 oz.) Campbell's Condensed French Onion Soup
4 slices cheese
4 round hard rolls, split
1. Shape the beef into 4 (1/2 inch-thick) burgers
2. Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook until they're well browned on both sides. Remove the burgers from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
3. Stir the soup in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the burgers to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 min. or until the burgers are cooked through. Top the burgers with the cheese and cook until the cheese is melted. Serve the burgers in the rolls with the soup mixture for dipping."