Apr 1, 2008

Simple easy quick Italian recipes: Pesto Homemade fresh tastes good




Hey!, did you know that homemade Pesto is easy, simple to make? Well, take my word you need only few minutes to make yours.

Here are the steps to making it.

I wash my Italian basil, (found for sure everywhere) if I can find it in Bangkok you can find it in London or New York, since I do not have a mortar and pestle to do it manually I work it with the food processor. Mix basil and pine nuts and parmesan cheese and pecorino cheese (Pecorino is the Italian name given to any fresh, medium aged or matured cheeses made from sheep's milk)
then I work that together.
Check later for the next step

2 comments:

Pam Hoffman said...

Hey Mary!

I am wondering about the pine nuts in this recipe.

My boyfriend is highly alergic so is there a substitution or could I leave them out all together?

Would it have an affect on the outcome? How much would it affect the end result?

Thanks,

Pam Hoffman
http://seminarlist.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Hi Pam,

Yes, you can do without them and just add some little pepper to taste. I haven't done without but I imagine the freshness of the sauce still remains. Try and post here the results.

Pass these recipes to friends.

and to all readers pass the recipe love to friends.