Feb 20, 2007

Piadina


Piadina is a typical bread of the Romagna area of Italy. The best piadina have eaten is the one around Forlì and Bertinoro area. Piadina could be either filled with cheese, or vegetables. It is also good to accompany the meat dishes. The secret is "Can go with about anything". If you are visiting the area, this is one of the typical delicacy you should not miss.

But you can make it about everywhere in the world
Ingredients:
I kg of wheat flour
200g margarine
salt
30g of baking powder
Milk

Procedure:
Mix all the ingredients to form a dough.
Leave to rest for around 30 minutes
Divide the dough into small balls.
Using a rolling pin, roll the balls into discs.
Cook on the pan until they cook.

Results: Serve with cheese, grilled meat, vegetables.
Enjoy your piadina

3 comments:

tari said...

Ciao Mary,

What about Piadina in Cesena ( cuore di Romagna..)?
Speaking of which, I like piadina farcita con parma, formaggia & rucola while Ben like piadina con spinaci ( crescione con erbe. In Cesena there are 2 kiosk that serve piadina dolce..hmm yummy..

Mary said...

Eccola, Tari. Thanks for this, I just was happy to read your comment. So lovely, keep me company with your comments. Another way of being in touch. And hope in July we can go for a piadina in Cesena.
Mary

Pam Hoffman said...

Hey Mary!

Do you happen to know the 'American' measurements? We use stuff like 1 cup, a teaspoon, etc.

I've seen cookbooks with both types of measures.

I'll do what I can with this recipe and if you happen to get the measures, I can confirm that I did it correctly!

Thanks,

Pam Hoffman
http://seminarlist.blogspot.com