Feb 5, 2013

Healthy Eating in Nairobi: Whats on my plate?


Greek Salad My way! Life is as complicated as you make it. When I pack my bags and move to a different country Italian food for me doesn't stop there. I try my very best to adjust with local ingredients and still enjoy my Italian style recipes. My Kenyan style greek salad: Lettuce, Olives (Thank God they are everywhere in the shops in Nairobi), onions in Kenya plenty, cucumber locally cultivated and yes the famous Feta cheese you find imitation made locally so I go for it. All in a bowl, some Olive oil (must confess - this is the only ingredient I cannot do without the Italian one. Now if you go to Chandarana supermarket if not finished Italian Olive Oil is on great offer. And I have bought a few bottles. And yes I give cooking lessons for those who wish to cook something different. Leave me a message on this blog to organise or just find me on twitter @marym a.k.a Happy Housewife. I'll also leave you with this Channel to watch when you have a second! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9wfeIHQLPq6lUpimk0ZYCQ?feature=plcp

Mediterranean Diet: Fish, chicken, lots of vegetables, olive oil and fruits