Mar 3, 2008

Risotto: Risotto alla Milanese

Ingredients:
Butter
Onion
Arborio rice
Broth
Saffron
Pepper
Parmesan
Making Risotto is very easy and does not take a lot of time.
Heat some butter in a saucepan, add sliced onion cook a little, then add the amount of rice that you intend to cook stir with a wooden stick until it is dry. Then add little by little
the hot broth. Cook until its done. Then add little salt, saffron and pepper. when it is cooked add a drop of broth so the rice is not dry add some little more butter and grated parmesan and serve hot.
There are variants of this, with porcini mushrooms. I have always made the variant with porcini mushrooms it is a delight that you will close the door to keep out everyone else and feast for yourself.
Unfortunately, I'm not in Italy now so I cannot find the small packets of porcini mushrooms for you.
Happy Cooking

2 comments:

Pam Hoffman said...

Hey Mary!

I have never heard of 'Arborio rice' - can I use regular rice for this?

I bet I can get ahold of those mushrooms!

I'll probably start with the mushrooms I have first though.

Thanks for the rice recipe!

Pam Hoffman
http://seminarlist.blogspot.com

p.s. tell us where you are now.

Mary said...

Hi Pam,
Arborio rice is the Italian rice (short and thick) you might get that from an Italian shop around in your town try if there is any.
I haven't tried with the long grain rice. I should try and let you know.
I'm in Sunny Bangkok!
love for always reading!!!!!