Sep 27, 2007

Italian simple Crème Brûlée recipe




Ingredients:
4 egg yellow
1 whole egg
100g sugar
1 tsp vanilla
50 cl cream
4 tsp of cane sugar

Steps:

Heat oven to 150°c, beat the egg yellows together with the whole egg. Keep adding sugar slowly and mixing until it is well mixed. Add vannilla and the liquid cream mixing well.

Prepare the oven:

Put warm water on the big oven tray where you will sit your small earthenware oven proof dishes if you are using small ones like on the picture. Water should be up to 2/3 of the earthenware oven proof dishes.

Proceed by adding with putting the cream mixture into each earthenware oven proof dish. Put in the oven for 25 minutes, after which you remove them from the oven and leave them to cool for 45 minutes.

After they are cool, add some cane sugar on the top of every one of them and put them under the grill and leave to brown, keep an eye on the process by keeping the oven open on this stage.

(I have a variant from my cook book, if you are looking for an alternative recipe just email me and I will send over)

3 comments:

Pam Hoffman said...

Oh, that is much better!

Thank you Mary,

Pam Hoffman
http://seminarlist.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Hi Pam,
please let me know how it comes out.
Im going to try a new dessert tonight for a friend who is coming over for dinner, will post it here soon keep checking.
Mary

Shirley said...

I like your recipes but I am a diabetic and I have to know what nutrients are in the recipes like the grams of carbohydrates and cholostrol, fat, etc, before I can eat any of them. Healthy low-carb eating is a must for me.
Thanks
Shirley
Low-carb Recipes