Jan 8, 2009

Thai Salad: Spicy salad from easy Italian recipes

My easy and simple way of making this salad is as follow:



I crush 1 clove of garlic with not very hot chilli, then instead of using papaya I use shredded carrot, I have a special tool that I bought here in Thailand to shred the carrot you can see it on the picture. I add together lemon juice from 1 lemon and snake beans which if I was in Italy I would add the normal green beans then 1 tomato (cut into wedges ) and all this I will mix together using my mortar and pestle, in the end I add a teaspoon of sugar and fish sauce to taste (fish sauce can be bought in any Asian shop in Italy check with your town for example when I lived in Romania a year ago I found it there too. So I think you can find it anywhere.
This spicy salad can be served with rice and also can accompany fish. Try it.

Secret: Make it even better I sometimes add shrimps (cook shrimps on the pan simply and add or you can buy ready to eat shrimps and add them.
2) Add toasted peanuts yummy. All the best.





No comments: